Re: gamin-0.1.7

Yaakov S (Cygwin Ports) wrote:
> I'm curious, I don't see that any of the defined(__CYGWIN__) checks
> next to the defined(__FreeBSD__) checks in your patch.  Was that
> intentional?
Yes it was: those defines are about the cmsgcred socket credential
system, the first term of that test should always be false if there is
no "struct cmsgcred" in sys/socket.h

What do you think of the rest of the patch?
There are probably some things not strictly necessary (such as the
system to detect on what file system types to use kernel backend and on
what use polling, never called as I patched the function to always
return "polling"), but we first did a working FreeBSD patch and then
based the Cygwin patch on the same (managing only a smaller diff "over
the other diff" is easier).

   Lapo