Re: [ITP] util-linux

On Mar  3 18:17, Charles Wilson wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>
> >Charles?  Any chance that libtool could do without this hack?
>
> See previous message.
> http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2006-03/msg00028.html

Yep, read it.  You seem to be rather backed off by the idea of the
"transparent_exe" option.  The idea was to avoid these name collisions
(foo and foo.exe would be the same file on a POSIX system because the
exe suffix is just a Windows neccessity).  Since Cygwin wants to be
a POSIX environment, it seems like a consecential step to me.  I didn't
mean any offense to libtool, but in the light of the transparent_exe
option which is, IMHO, a step in the right direction, I was a bit
aghast when I realized that libtool uses exactly the namespace collision
for a central part of its functionality.  As I asid, no offense meant.

Red Hat