Re: [ITP] cygport

Reini Urban wrote:
BTW Minor nitpick:
SRC_URI="http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/${PN}/${P}.tar.bz2?download";
will not work.

Of course not, but that wouldn't work with Portage either. Remember, also, that the source package name is determined from SRC_URI, so even if the download worked, cygport wouldn't know the correct filename either (although if necessary I could work around that).

Forcing a sf.net mirror as you did in your samples is not good style,
but okay for a singular maintainer.

Support for mirror URIs as Portage does (i.e. mirror://sourceforge/${PN}/${P}.tar.bz2), which is the way I *want* to handle this, is already in TODO, and I've been considering different ways to handle it. Probably sometime during 0.2 or 0.3 cycle.

Yaakov