Re: Quickie

On Wed, May 31, 2006 at 05:59:53PM +0100, Dave Korn wrote:
>On 31 May 2006 17:39, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>On Wed, May 31, 2006 at 05:35:38PM +0100, Dave Korn wrote:
>>>Since I've got a cvs a/c and keyfile on sourceware, is it possible for
>>>me to upload packages with sftp?
>>
>>No.  You have CVS access only.
>
>Ok, well in terms of
>http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2006-04/msg00086.html, I /think/
>that I "want similar functionality", but since I've never seen the
>purpose of the stage dir documented anywhere

The "stage" directory was mentioned in an email to Chuck Wilson where I
indicated he could do "something like" setting up a stage dir as a place
for downloading packages before transferring them to the actual
directory.  I was using the stage dir for my own purposes until I found
out that there was some confusion around the fact that this was
interpreted as an endorsement for everyone to use this directory.  That
obviously doesn't scale.

Chuck, and a couple of other people, have the ability to upload packages
directly and are expected to help out in this regard.  People with only
CVS access do not have this ability.