Re: [ITP] PHP 5.1.4 (cli, cgi-fcgi, apache2)

On Sun, June 4, 2006 1:42 pm, Max Bowsher wrote:
> I now have a PHP package which builds in a manner I think is adequate
> for release. I still haven't addressed the matter of loadable
> extensions, so it is mandatory to install postgresql to install PHP at
> all, but given the regular interest in PHP shown on the cygwin ML, I
> think people are going to willingly put up with that, to avoid having to
> build PHP itself.

Hi Max,

Sorry this reply took so long, I was away last week and busy with work
yesterday.

The installation of PHP went cleanly, and adding the appropriate lines to
the apache config was OK (although either changing the default so they are
there but commented out or adding them to the php-apache.README would be
useful).

This appeared to be all that was necessary for php in Apache to work -
thanks.

As you pointed out, postgresql is a prereq, but I have to say it isn't the
easiest thing in the world to configure!  (It could do with a -config
script ala sshd-host-config).  But that shouldn't stand in the way of you
releasing this package esp since the meer presence of postgresql is enough
to run php.

Thanks again,

J.