Obsoletion procedures?

Three of my library packages are going to be becoming obsolete in the
medium-term future.

libapr0 and libaprutil0 and their development packages apr and apr-util
are already used only by [prev] software.

libneon24 is used solely by [curr] cadaver, and [prev] subversion.

I'm soliciting opinions on how long library packages should remain after
they no longer are required by any other software in the distro.

Max.