Re: call for testing of latest setup.exe snapshot

Peter D. Stout schrieb:
I was testing the snapshot this morning and noticed a couple of minor issues.

First, if the location of the Cygwin files changes on a mirror, then
setup lists the mirror twice in the chooser and reports an error that
the selected mirror has been removed when you click next.  For
example, the URL for mirrors.kernel.org has changed from
ftp://mirrors.kernel.org/sources.redhat.com/cygwin to
ftp://mirrors.kernel.org/sourceware/cygwin.  The error message makes
sense when you track things down in /var/log/setup.log, but it is
confusing when you are just looking at what is displayed.

I had a similar symptom.
I switched from "Install from Internet" to "Install from Local Directory", and the package list showed the right packages, but the wrong version numbers, either the version numbers from the previous downloaded setup.ini or from the locally installed packages. Not from my updated local one.
The second attempt with local install showed the correct versions.

My problem was probably just a read-only /etc/setup/last-cache. Wrong ACL.
2006/08/08 21:55:28 io_stream_cygfile: fopen(/etc/setup/last-cache) failed 13 Permission denied

Warning, the default trust level for package does not meet this specification libpgtypes2

Hmm, that's me. This setup.hint just misses the "curr:" as in most new postgresql hints. Strange.

--
Reini