RE: Missing dependency (Attn: links, w3m maintainers) (Was Re: ossl 0.9.7 is still needed by some apps)

On 29 March 2007 00:16, Bob Heckel wrote:

> On 3/28/07, Igor Peshansky <pechtcha@ooops> wrote:
>> Yes, this is a missing dependency issue.  Since openssl is now pointing to
>> a new version, and these packages have not been recompiled, they need to
>> put openssl097 into their list of dependencies instead.  Thanks for the
>> report.
>>
>> I'm cc'ing the cygwin-apps list, where such issues are usually discussed.
>> Package maintainers, please note.
>>         Igor
>
> Sorry about that!  As a temporary fix, per Igor's suggestion, I've
> modified w3m's setup.hint.  I will attempt to recompile using latest
> openssl as soon as possible (I still have Corinna's email from months
> and months ago requesting that).
>
> Please replace w3m's setup.hint with
> http://bheckel.multics.org/cygwin/w3m/setup.hint
>
> Thanks.
>
> Bob (w3m maintainer)

  Since bad dependencies are a real issue worth taking care of ASAP, I've
taken care of it.

-bash-3.00$ cat /var/ftp/pub/cygwin/release/w3m/setup.hint
sdesc: "A text based Web browser and pager"
ldesc: "w3m is a pager/text-based WWW browser. It is similar to Lynx,
but handles some things like page navigation differently. It can render tables
and frames (by converting frames into tables) or display a document given from
standard input.  It supports tabbed browsing.  It can execute local CGI
scripts without any HTTP server."
category: Text Web
requires: libgc ncurses openssl097 cygwin
-bash-3.00$

  Will be propagating as the mirrors update...

    cheers,
      DaveK