Adopt ssmtp?

From digging thru the mail archives, I see that back in 2003 and earlier Corinna maintained ssmtp:
http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2003-09/msg00028.html

However, in late 2003, it looks like Robert Schneck took over:
His first release was about a month later:
http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2004-01/msg00006.html
and over the next eight months released a half dozen revisions. However, the last one, from Aug 2004
http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2004-08/msg00044.html
is the current version on sourceware, and Robert's web page http://math.berkeley.edu/~schneck/cygwin/index.html says "I used to maintain the sSMTP package for Cygwin."

From the last package audit (has it really been almost two years?) http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2005-09/msg00452.html
it seems that ssmtp was unmaintained.

So...I needed a quick-n-dirty mailsender in order to use libtool's commit script -- and my mailhost requires SSL/TLS which the existing cygwin ssmtp doesn't do. So I grabbed the latest sources from debian, their patchset, and whipped up a cygport package with openssl support. It seems to work well with my limited testing
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/libtool-commit/2007-06/msg00005.html

Seems a shame for all that to go to waste, so I'm offering to adopt this package. -src and binary packages here:

http://cygutils.fruitbat.org/ITP/ssmtp-2.61-1-src.tar.bz2
http://cygutils.fruitbat.org/ITP/ssmtp-2.61-1.tar.bz2

updated setup.hint
category: Mail
requires: cygwin openssl
sdesc: "A minimal mail-transfer agent which forwards mail to an SMTP server"
ldesc: "This is sSMTP, an extremely simple sendmail replacement, which
forwards messages to a mailhub (e.g. your ISP's outgoing mail server),
and does nothing else."

-- Chuck