Re: [ITP] ncdu 1.1

DePriest, Jason R. wrote:
Incidentally, I downloaded the source from the
http://dev.yorhel.nl/ncdu/ and it compiled flawlessly under Cygwin.

I ran it and had it start at the root folder, "/".

I anticipated it taking a very long time to finish, but not hours.  I
let it run for around four hours during which my processor stayed > 90%
usage, even with On-access virus scanning disabled.

During which time is dug through all of my mapped network drives, my
entire local hard drive, and the Windows registry via /proc/registry.

Confirmed.
Actually ncdu does not handle the special case "/" and calls e.g. lstat("//bin",.).
This is OK on Linux & friends, but specifies an UNC path on Cygwin.
(I don't know whether POSIX specifies the behaviour on duplicate slashes).
ncdu also does not handle the error returned by lstat() in this case.

I will provide a fixed package and send the patch upstream.

It bombed out sometime during the scan of /proc/registry, but I can't be
sure exactly where.  The display was still there, but it had dropped to
a command-line underneath.  The path was cut off due to the size of the
display box.

Could not reproduce this.

Thanks for the info.

Christian