Re: Updated: xterm 229

Hi,
thanks for updating xterm. Finally, it works again (did not work
for me for 3 years due to immediate crash after start...).
I am wondering, however, why you configured out support of the -u8
option. I recompiled xterm 229 with full feature support and
-u8 gives me a nicely working Unicode terminal, regardless of
cygwin's broken locale support. Please change that for an update.

Usage note: depending on the application, it may help to set
the locale environment properly when starting a UTF-8 xterm. This
would have to be done manually.
The editor joe edits UTF-8 well with proper LC_ALL setting.
The editor mined edits UTF-8 even without proper LC_ALL setting.

Kind regards,
Thomas Wolff