Re: cygwin-services-helper [was: Re: [ITA] inetutils-1.5-1]

----- Original Message -----
From: "Charles Wilson" <>
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2008 12:34 AM
Subject: cygwin-services-helper [was: Re: [ITA] inetutils-1.5-1]

| Corinna Vinschen wrote:
| > On Feb 25 20:46, Charles Wilson wrote:
| >> How about a new package, "cygwin-services-helper" or somesuch, that
| >> contains
| >>
| >> (1) a script [*] derived from the appropriate portion of sshd-host-config,
| >> whose job is to create the appropriate priveleged user (I like
| >> 'cygwin_svc') -- unless it already exists under either name ('cygwin_svc'
| >> or 'sshd_server').

Privileged users are also created by exim-config and cron-config.
They use the same sh function to do that (the password is entered once).
It checks for existing names; cyg_server cron_server sshd_server
and suggests using cyg_server if none is found (user can override).
Can you also check for those names, and possibly consider using
cyg_server  instead of  'cygwin_svc' ?
I will switch to calling your scripts once they are stable.

Pierre