Re: [GTG] Re: [ITP] qsf 1.2.7 -- Lightweight statistical spam filter

* Mon 2008-03-03 Corinna Vinschen
>>     >     http://packages.debian.org/qsf
>>
>> Builds fine from source, packaging and setup.hint look good.
>>
>> One question, my executable when build with your script is only 94k and
>> yours 430k, also mine includes mysql suppport from my /usr/local tree
>> detected by configure.

  wget        \
    http://cygwin.cante.net/qsf/setup.hint \
    http://cygwin.cante.net/qsf/qsf-1.2.7-1-src.tar.bz2 \
    http://cygwin.cante.net/qsf/qsf-1.2.7-1.tar.bz2

I added following options to configure stage:

    --without-mysql
    --without-sqlite
    --with-gdbm
    --with-btree
    --with-list

With the configure changed, it's now:

    ls -l .inst/usr/bin/qsf.exe;
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root None 85504 Mar  3 14:52 .inst/usr/bin/qsf.exe

    nm .inst/usr/bin/qsf.exe
    $ nm: .inst/usr/bin/qsf.exe: no symbols

> mysql from /usr/local.  That shouldn't be used by qsf anyway, right?

Now taken cared of.

> The size is probably a result of not stripping the executable.  Jari?

The packaging script does automatic stripping.

Jari

P.S. Volker, It'd be also nice to have MySQL included if you have time to
package it.

--
Welcome to FOSS revolution: we fix and modify until it shines