RE: generic-build-script

Yeah. It was the virus scanner. Thank you for your advice!

-----Original Message-----
From: cygwin-apps-owner@cygwin.com [mailto:cygwin-apps-owner@cygwin.com] On
Behalf Of Brian Dessent
Sent: Mittwoch, 5. März 2008 00:02
To: cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: generic-build-script

Gergely Budai wrote:

> mv: cannot move `p7zip-4.57' to `../p7zip-4.57-orig': Permission denied

This is probably caused by a handle remaining open for some short period
of time after tar has completed writing the files, such that mv starts
before it closes.  On a normal system, I don't think this should ever be
the case, i.e. handles should be closed by the time tar terminates.
Sometimes if you have on-demand virus scanning however, those hooks
cause the file to remain open for a short period after tar has written
them.  I've also seen this with on-demand/real-time disk defragmentation
(in my case, Diskeeper v11 I believe) software, which I had to disable.
The fact that it is transient definitely indicates that it's a race, but
I wouldn't go pinning it on dual core; although that may exacerbate it.

Brian