Re: /usr/games to install games?

On Mar 14 08:32, Jari Aalto wrote:

> What is the proper location for games in Cygwin? According to FHS[1],
> I've used:
>
>      /usr/games

The original idea to put everything into /usr/bin (or better /bin since
/usr/bin is just a mount) was to make sure that the normal applications
are in the same dir as the DLLs they need for running.

I'm not too sure that we should keep this scheme in the long run.
The /bin dir is getting very big in a full install and /bin should
be in $PATH anyway.

For now we should probably stick to this scheme, but we should rethink
this approach at least when we create the new package area for the
Cygwin 1.7 release.

Red Hat