Re: ImageMagick renamed runtime lib names

On Mar 20 19:30, Volker Quetschke wrote:
> Since upstream version 6.3.8-5 of ImageMagick the following changes
> were made:
>
> Renames:
>  /usr/local/include => /usr/local/include/ImageMagick
>  libMagick => libMagickCore
>  libWand => libMagickWand
>  Magick-config (deprecated) => MagickCore-config
>  Wand-config (deprecated) => MagickWand-config
>
> And as the api changed the library version was changed from
> 10 to 1.
>
> Well, we used to pack the runtime libraries libMagick, libWand and
> libMagick++ in a libMagick10 package.
>
> As there was never a libMagick1 package in cygwin, this would
> be no problem, except that I don't like that a newer library
> now has a smaler number.
>
> As the package collects all runtime library files, i.e. libMagickWand,
> libMagickCore and libMagick++ I would tend to call that package
>
> libMagickWCP1
>
> ?
>
> But I am open for suggestions. Does anyone have a better name? Or
> shall I just call it libMagick1 ?

What matters are the dependencies.  I'm somewhat surprised about the
change from 10 to 1.  Why is that?  And, isn't there a chance that a
later version will again use the version number 10?  What about using
libMagick_1?  The underscore has a higher asciis value than digits,
so the package would be newer from a sort order perspective.

Oh and, don't use /usr/local/include/ImageMagick.  Use
/usr/include/ImageMagick, please.

Red Hat