Re: [ITA] libtasn1: Tiny ASN.1 library

Brian Dessent schrieb:
Reini Urban wrote:

I know I'm a bit late, but haven't we agreed on $MAJOR$MINOR without dot
for underscore for the package name and for the dll name see below.
That's disputed because of lack of knowledge.

The 1 isn't part of the version, it's part of the library name. That's
why it gets the underscore.

Bang! Sorry for the noise :)

If the library was named "foo" and was at
version "13" it should be named "foo13".  However, if the library is
named "foo1" and is at version "3", it should be named "foo1_3".  In
this case the basename of the library is "libtasn1", i.e. the "1" is
from "Tiny ASN.1 library."

The same is true for libssh2. The 2 is part of the library name, it's a
library for the ssh2 protocol. The name of the devel pkg is
libssh2-devel (not libssh-devel as it would be if "2" was a version.) The name of the runtime package is libssh2_1, to indicate this is
version 1 of libssh2, not version 21 of libssh.

See also: libbz2.  Here the basename of the library is "libbz2".  The
versions are 0 and 1 corresponding to binary packages libbz2_0 libbz2_1.

So this is perfectly consistent usage as far as I see it.

Brian

--
Reini Urban
http://phpwiki.org/  http://murbreak.at/