RE: PING Jan Nieuwenhuizen re libguile17

Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote on 26 March 2008 11:22:

> >   I *am* willing to do maintenance releases of the 3.4 compiler
> > if there are important bugs to fix, doubly so if it's needed to support
> > a package in the official distro.
>
> What is the best gcc 3.4 to use for Cygwin?

  /usr/bin/gcc, i.e. the latest release in the distro.

> Unpacking Cygwin's gcc/g++
> source archive in a python script is a bit of a pain (that's an
> understatement :-).

  I don't understand why that would be necessary?

> >   (I'm also working in the background on an
> > experimental gcc 4 package).
>
> That would be nice.

  Dwarf2 debug and exceptions, shared libgcc.  Seems to mostly work but the
testsuite's still running (since sunday!).  Two libstdc++ regressions showed
up so far, g++ clean, gcc still running.

    cheers,
      DaveK