RE: PING Jan Nieuwenhuizen re libguile17

Dave Korn writes:

>   /usr/bin/gcc, i.e. the latest release in the distro.

Ah, I meant source-wise, I do not run Cygwin.

> > Unpacking Cygwin's gcc/g++
> > source archive in a python script is a bit of a pain (that's an
> > understatement :-).
>
>   I don't understand why that would be necessary?

Releases are not so often that it is annoying, I manually repacked them.
But still.  When working with computers, people find it handy to
automate repetitive tasks, such as cross-building a whole
dependency-tree of packages for a number of platforms.  Python is a
handy tool to automate such a task, which is what we have done in GUB
(LilyPond's Grand Unified Builder).  Tracking upstream's sources
currently works easily with tarballs, CVS, GIT, bazaar and subversion.
Only Cygwin's [gcc] source archives are a bit of a challenge ;-)

Greetings,
Jan.

--
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke@gnu.org> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter