fftw3 and octave

Hi

The links to fftw3 and octave redirect to

 o http://it.altervista.org/

without any content.

Some remarks to your package [ITA] [RFU] for fftw3:

The current situation in the distro is:

 fftw3
 fftw3-doc
 fftw3-dev

Given that only octave is using fftw3 I would suggest a splitting like:

 fftw3
 libfftw3_3
 libfftw3-devel
and maybe
 fftw3-doc

instead of your proposal of

 fftw3
 libfftw3-devel

so that we have a pure runtime shared library package libfftw3_3 that
other packages can depend on.

For octave the current situation is

 octave
 octave-otags
 octave-info
 octave-htmldoc
 octave-headers
 octave-forge
 octave-doc

Your RFU is for

 octave
 octave-devel

so you should provide empty packages for the rest.

Your RFU states:

  To build the full package I also package the
  libraries needed to fully compile octave:

  Qhull-2003.1
  Hdf5-1.6.7
  glpk-4.21     (the latest versions does not compile
                  cleanly, so I used this one)
  SuiteSparse-3.1.0

Are these static libraries ? Otherwise your build would depend on them
and you should package them for the distro.

Ciao
  Volker