Re: fftw3 and octave

--- "Dr. Volker Zell"  ha scritto:
> Hi
>
> The links to fftw3 and octave redirect to
>
>  o http://it.altervista.org/
>
> without any content.

Hi Volker,
it seems my provider added some type of filter to
avoid download without passing trough the
web pages.

Please try from here

http://matzeri.altervista.org/cygwin/fftw3/
http://matzeri.altervista.org/cygwin/octave/

> Some remarks to your package [ITA] [RFU] for fftw3:
>
> The current situation in the distro is:
>
>  fftw3
>  fftw3-doc
>  fftw3-dev
>
> Given that only octave is using fftw3 I would
> suggest a splitting like:
>
>  fftw3
>  libfftw3_3
>  libfftw3-devel
> and maybe
>  fftw3-doc
>
> instead of your proposal of
>
>  fftw3
>  libfftw3-devel
>
> so that we have a pure runtime shared library
> package libfftw3_3 that
> other packages can depend on.

the DLL are almost all the size of fftw3
so I can repakage as suggested, but it is
probably not worth.

> For octave the current situation is
>
>  octave
>  octave-otags
>  octave-info
>  octave-htmldoc
>  octave-headers
>  octave-forge
>  octave-doc
>
> Your RFU is for
>
>  octave
>  octave-devel
>
> so you should provide empty packages for the rest.

octave forge is a separate package, that I will
adopt as soon as I complete the packaging.
I will provide the empty packages for the rest.

> Your RFU states:
>
>   To build the full package I also package the
>   libraries needed to fully compile octave:
>
>   Qhull-2003.1
>   Hdf5-1.6.7
>   glpk-4.21     (the latest versions does not
> compile
>                   cleanly, so I used this one)
>   SuiteSparse-3.1.0
>
> Are these static libraries ? Otherwise your build
> would depend on them
> and you should package them for the distro.

Of course static.
The only dependency needed was fftw3
so I adopted it.

> Ciao
>   Volker

Ciao
Marco

Scopri il Blog di Yahoo! Mail: trucchi, novità, consigli... e la tua opinione!
http://www.ymailblogit.com/blog/