Re: [HEADSUP] Start of Cygwin 1.7 release cycle

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 05:27:58PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>On Apr 14 10:39, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 03:11:56PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>> >Hi all,
>> >
>> >we're now finally starting the release cycle for Cygwin 1.7.  Not
>> >everything is in it's place, some changes are still in flux and the
>> >installation is still somewhat bumpy but we should get to all of that
>> >while testing goes on.
>> >
>> >We have set up a new release area which is dedicated to the 1.7 release.
>>
>> I was hoping to get a little more feedback on using the union fs before
>> we announce this.
>>
>> I'd like to use the mechanism that I mentioned since it would be the
>> most transparent for package maintainers.  In keeping with the
>> full-steam approach I guess I'll put it into place today.
>
>Oh, hmm, I assumed you would do that anyway at one point.

It will be a pain in the neck to do it if people start updating the
current cygwin-2 directory while I'm trying to perfect the unionfs
version.

>I'm just a bit surprised that the resulting purged directory is still
>that big.

Yes, well, er, there was a pretty serious bug in my purge script on the
order of "How could that have possibly done anything right?" variety.
Looks like I have to start from scratch and do the purge again.  Sigh.