Re: tcp-wrappers for 1.7.0

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> Wasn't there a guy on the cygwin ML a couple of weeks ago who claimed
> to have solved the problem with unresolved symbols?  There was some
> shoulder patting on the list, but nothing came out of it so far, right?

That would be FlexDLL: <http://alain.frisch.fr/flexdll.html> which is
essentially a cute trick to implement a dlopen/dlsym interface that
allows for symbols to remain unresolved at link-time and instead be
dynamically resolved by a ld.so-like dynamic linker at runtime.

It's a neat concept, and as far as I can see it works fine.  But the
fact that it is built around explicit dynamic runtime linking (i.e.
dlopen/dlsym) means that it doesn't help in the more general case where
you want the operating system loader to have ELF-like semantics too, not
just for programs that have plugins.

Brian