Re: Putting my packages up for adoption

Max Bowsher wrote:

It's a most bizarre and quirky buildsystem that I've never seen any other package use.

Yeah, and it seems to require a little more handholding in 1.5.5.

* expat
I can do this one, but I'm concerned because expat.sf.net isn't
responding right now.  Did expat die again while I wasn't looking?

I guess that's just SourceForge sucking.

Yes, I later found out that the entire sf/slashdot/thinkgeek/etc. empire fell over yesterday: http://www.news.com/8301-13577_3-9932132-36.html

you've got an ABI transition to deal with going from 1.95.x to 2.x, i.e.
libexpat0 to libexpat1. (Assuming I remember rightly from when I dabbled
with this).

Yes, but the package name changed, so I think all I have to do is ensure the RFU request says to leave libexpat0 alone, right? Then other package maintainers can rebuild for libexpat1 at their leisure. Unless, that is, it's a big deal to port to expat 2?

All my packages are generic-build-script based.

Well, they're cygport based now. :)