Re: Perl 5.10 stabilization

"Yaakov (Cygwin Ports)" wrote:

> a .dll.a also exists.  I'm not sure if libtool's behaviour is by design
> (for fear of undefined symbols), or simply an oversight.  Chuck?

The part of ltmain.sh you're referring to is where it refuses to link to
a static library when *creating* a shared library.  It refuses to do
that because it cannot be done portably -- for example on most ELF
platforms (with the exception of i386) shared libraries must contain
only PIC code, and normally static libs are not built PIC.

Libtool should have no problem linking a final executable against a
combination of shared and static libs.

Brian