Re: base-[files|password] for 1.7

On Jul 30 11:20, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 11:23:10AM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >On Jul 29 21:39, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> >> Ok.  I'm confused.  If I perform a "kill -SIGWINCH <pid>" on a bash
> >> which is opened in a console window, the right number of lines shows up.
> >> They also show up when you change the size of the window.
> >>
> >> So it seems like this is working correctly without any Cygwin
> >> modifications.
> >
> >Doesn't work for me.  kill -WINCH $$ creates the LINES and COLUMNS
> >values, but any later windows resize doesn't change the values.  And as
> >mentioned before it also doesn't work in vim.  Adding send_winch_maybe()
> >to the KEY_EVENT at least changes it at the next keypress.  And there's
> >no such thing as a mouse event, whatever I do with the mouse.
>
>   L:\Documents and Settings\cgf>bash
>   bash-3.2$ echo $LINES
>
>   bash-3.2$ echo $LINES		# make window bigger
>   42
>   bash-3.2$ echo $LINES		# make window even bigger
>   56
>
> (also checked with a 4NT console)

In a standard console window on Windows 2008 (but the OS doesn't matter):

  $ echo $LINES

  $ echo $LINES				# make windows smaller

  $ echo $LINES				# make windows bigger

  $ kill -WINCH $$; echo $LINES
  54
  $ echo $LINES				# make windows smaller
  54

> Putting a "kill -WINCH $$" in my /home/cgf/.profile file causes LINES to
> be set initially when I use "bash -login".
>
> In my version of vim the screen size *does* change after every keypress
> just like it always did.  I checked this with vim when I implemented it.

It never worked right for me in a console window.

> If this isn't working for you then fixing the symptom by checking on
> every keystroke, slowing down the already slow input processing even
> further, is not the correct first solution for handling the problem.

I didn't claim that.  I just mentioned that to point out the difference.

> SetConsoleMode (get_io_handle (), ENABLE_WINDOW_INPUT | ENABLE_MOUSE_INPUT);

I know.  I have no idea what could be different between your and my
setup, though.

Red Hat