Re: setup-1.7 with -D and -L options

Dave Korn wrote:

  Basically a WDDTT situation, but you're right, we should forbid it rather
than allow what is effectively "undefined behaviour".  Care to file a
bugzilla?

Sure, but I'd also like to be able to make sure that there's not another issue lurking in there :-)

If I do not specify either -D or -L, then I would expect that setup
would download the packages from a mirror into the local directory
and then do the install.

Infortunately, this is not the case when you add packages to an existing
cygwin install.

If I run the following command line:

setup -q -n -s http://mirror.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/cygwin/
  -l c:\cygwin\SetupTest\1.7 -R c:\cygwinTest -P autoconf,gcc-core,make

Then the required packages and dependencies get downloaded to a local
directory, but the install does not happen.

I have to run setup.exe again and specify the -L option....

setup -q -n -L -s http://mirror.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/cygwin/
  -l c:\cygwin\SetupTest\1.7 -R c:\cygwinTest -P autoconf,gcc-core,make

Ralph