Re: New Setup for Cygwin 1.7 on cygwin.com

Charles Wilson wrote:

> You want cygwin, base-* installed at the same time.

This sentence doesn't make sense to me.  As if it's possible that some
of these might *not* be installed?  They're all in category Base so
they're all getting selected by setup for install on every run
regardless of anything that the dependencies might have to say on the
matter.  I don't understand why the extra level of complication of
meta-packages or dependency groups is needed; all we need to do is trim
or adjust the dependencies to ensure that base-cygwin's postinstall
sorts to the head of the line.  For these core packages that are in Base
it doesn't really matter that their "requires:" line accurately lists
each thing they need, because they're all getting installed anyway.

Brian