Re: New Setup for Cygwin 1.7 on cygwin.com

On Aug 20 12:17, Charles Wilson wrote:
> This doesn't solve the loop back to cygwin/bash with base-*:
>
>    base-passwd, setup.hint:
>       requries: cygwin bash
>       NOTE: uses coreutils (cp, rm, chmod) and sed, but
>             does not include them in its requires:.

I'm only looking for the 1.7 dependencies since they are more important
due to fstab (and here especially the /usr/bin and /usr/lib mounts)
created by base-cygwin.

Here's the problem:  There *are* circular dependencies we can't get rid
of.  base-cygwin must run first but requires a shell.  Those circular
dependency problem exists practically in all distros, not only in
Cygwin.

The general idea is that a distro has some sort of base installation,
a set of packages which *must* be installed for the distro to install
correctly.  In Cygwin, that's what the Base category is for.  What we
just have to do is to make sure that the dependencies of all packages in
the Base category make sense.

Red Hat