Re: [ITA] X.Org X11R7.4

On Mon, Nov 03, 2008 at 10:29:50PM -0600, Yaakov (Cygwin Ports) wrote:
>Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> You can must make a package which contains nothing but source.  You
>> don't need a binary.
>
>But a setup.hint is still required, correct?

Yes, unless you want the package to go to "Misc", which is wrong.  But I
don't see any reason to hide anything.  Just sdesc it as "Sources for
BLAH".  It won't be installed unless the user specifically chooses it.

Incidentally, I set up a scratch area:

/sourceware/snapshot-tmp/cgf/yselkowitz

You can make a copy of the release area there if you want to experiment
with dependencies and genini.  You'll have to make a temporary copy of
genini in your home directory though first.

And, that reminds me, for anyone who is following this thread: Please
don't use your home directory on sourceware as a holding place for
files.  The home partition isn't that large and sourceware isn't
supposed to be used for permanent storage.