Re: Updated: 1.7.0-34 (...and a plea)

On Dec  8 12:01, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 05, 2008 at 12:07:33PM +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >Btw., does anything speak against opening Cygwin up for public testing
> >on the Cygwin main list?
>
> I think it is a good idea but I'd like to start tracking 1.7.x like a
> normal release and increasing the x with each new release.  That will
> allow us to figure out problems from source code more easily.

I thought we stick to 1.7.0 until we create the first actual release in
which case we bump the version to 1.7.1.  After that we bump every time
again, as in earlier releases.

> I don't think there is any reason for people to start rebuilding their
> packages now either.  That will happen over time when 1.7.x is finally
> adopted.

Btw., when 1.7 is adopted, we will have to make release-2 an independent
directory again, right?  Otherwise we will still pull in new 1.5 packages
which will have inferior features.

> Do we want to start using bugzilla for tracking bugs?

Eeek!

Red Hat