Re: [HEADSUP] Maintainers, please switch to Cygwin 1.7

> Given that 1.7 is due really soon now (before summer), I'm wondering if
> not all maintainers should switch to Cygwin 1.7 now and build packages
> for 1.7 only from now on.
>
> The foremost advantage would be that all maintainers would automatically
> test Cygwin 1.7.  The subsequent advantage would be that more people on
> the cygwin list would be inclined to give 1.7 a try and we would get
> more bug reports.
>
> Other than that I'm wondering about the small trickle of bug reports
> related to Cygwin 1.7.  Either it's already quite stable, or it gets
> only tested by 3 or 4 users...

I've been using 1.7 for all of my daily work for about 2 months now.  As in
Warren's case, all of the bugs I encountered there have now been fixed.  Even
PuTTYcyg has a test release out now that works just fine with 1.7:
http://code.google.com/p/puttycyg/issues/detail?id=16#c8.

I take that back, there is one 256-color bug in 1.7 that I need to report.  Most
people would never encounter it.

I've been running 1.5 alongside of 1.7 as needed for testing, with no
compatibility problems.

I expect to release a few more final package updates for 1.5, then pack it away.

Andrew.