Re: Save and restore setup.exe window geometry attempt #2

Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) [E] wrote:

(3) And as long as I've taken up space in your inbox...  <OT class="by
now, since it seems whether this will go into setup has already been
decided">I really don't see a need for setup remembering geometry.
When updating, I find the current default adequate.  The only time I
maximize is when I'm choosing new packages or possibly a new mirror.
It is not clear to me why anyone doing one of those take so long that
they need to change geometry so they can work on other things at the
same time.  Focus people!  Multitasking may be efficient for computers,
but its not for humans.</OT>

Using that argument, maybe we should consider stripping out all the UI code and making setup a command line progam, because that's the way I use it ;-)

Ralph