installer crashes in Vista

As soon as I hit Next after telling it where to install, it
immediately crashes.  I've had no trouble with other installers.  I
tried the current and beta (1.7.0) versions and exactly the same thing
happened.  I even activated Vista's hidden Administrator account but
still the exact same problem.  I tried installing only for myself, and
for everyone as Administrator.