Re: [patch] Fix setup.exe chooser page header column borkage.

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 06:15:58PM +0100, Dave Korn wrote:
>Christopher Faylor wrote:

>>> Huh?  I always thought that setup *is* intentionally obfuscated.
>>> Did I miss something?
>>
>> I think you're both right.  There was intentional obfuscation in the
>> original design but it was improved upon by the handful of setup
>> developers (I among them) over time.
>
>[ Heh.  Legacy code FTW.  To me it looks like some of the code was
>developed in parallel with some of the developers learning the ins and
>outs of writing big C++ applications for the first time.  That's only
>to be expected; there's a lot of stuff about a language that you just
>don't learn until you really use it in anger for a while.  Anyway, it
>is what it is and it's not _that_ bad.  ]

Actually, I don't think anyone who wrote this part of the code would
claim to have been learning c++.

However, now that I think of it, I believe that the problem you're
talking about was known when the ability to resize the dialog box was
added.  I believe that I said something like "the functionality offered
outweighs the potential problem".

>  Ok?

Looks ok to me.  Thanks for tracking this down.