Re: Packaging glitch [1.7] md5sum binutils-2.19.51-1-src.tar.bz2

On Fri, Oct 09, 2009 at 04:49:09PM +0100, Dave Korn wrote:
>Dave Korn wrote:
>> Fergus wrote:
>>> Downloaded from two different mirrors this file has md5sum
>>> 479d8f95c1306486af1adcb5a2ad54b1
>>> but setup-2.ini gives
>>> c3887f0ef36cc78c51c54abca9b4425a
>>> The file size 15536137 is correct.
>>

>>   Yes indeed.  Looks like fallout from:
>>
>> http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2009-07/msg00185.html
>>
>>   Maybe cgf replaced the tarball in a way that didn't update the timestamp
>> (and/or filesize, I'm not sure what it triggers off of), causing upset or
>> whatever to not notice it had changed and hence not regenerate the md5sum file
>> in the directory.
>>
>>   I suspect I could just move the md5.sum file out of the way and everything
>> should get regenerated properly.
>
>Well, it triggered a setup-2.ini rebuild and that then got the correct
>checksum, but the md5.sum file itself didn't get rebuilt, so I put it
>back before anything went any more wrong than it already was.
>Setup-2.ini then re-rebuilt itself with the wrong checksum again of
>course but I was worried I might trip up the mirror-verification
>script, which I think tests the presence of md5.sums.

PLEASE don't tinker with the release directories, especially in an
attempt to fix my packages.

I do read the list and I can fix things like this without help.  If
you take a stab at fixing things like this then I can never really
figure out what went wrong.