RFC: setup.exe, mingw-libgpg-error/mingw-gcrypt

One of the things that bugs me about building setup.exe is if you do a
make from the top level, it always recurses into the libgpg-error and
libgcrypt subdirectories, even when there's nothing to do.  Because part
of our build process 'installs' the gcrypt stuff into a local private
'installation' directory, this is /not/ actually a fast no-op; it takes
a reasonable amount of time, each time.  So, you end up 'installing'
libgpg over and over and over -- unless you retrain your fingers to do
'make setup.exe' rather than simply 'make'.

Plus, why exactly do we include such a large package within setup's
source repo -- it's a sort of departure from the mechanism we use for
the compression libraries.

So...I propose to create mingw-libgpg-error(-devel) and
mingw-gcrypt(-devel) packages, and then rework setup's build process to
use those external (static) libraries instead.

But I don't want to waste my time if there are good reasons for the way
we do it now, and I'll ultimately run into a roadblock getting those
ITPs accepted and patches merged.

The only real distinction I see is that at present, you never get any of
the gcrypt headers or libs installed anywhere publicly visible; my way,
they'd obviously go into /usr/include/mingw/ and /usr/lib/mingw/.

So...RFC?

--
Chuck