Re: setup.exe packagedb cache refresh bug

On 28/05/2010 19:51, Brendan Conoboy wrote:
> On 05/27/2010 02:04 PM, Dave Korn wrote:
>>    I can't find any way that can happen; can you describe the steps
>> you used to
>> trigger the problem?  OTOH I _can_ see a problem if you get as far as the
>> chooser screen and then go all the way back to the root dir page, so I
>> figure
>> we do need some kind of reset mechanism anyway.  I don't think we want
>> to call
>> it from way down in mount.cc though, so I'll look for a higher level
>> to put it
>> at, and I'll fix it to free up the existing data while I do that.
>
> Now I'm having trouble reproducing it on vanilla sources.  I'm guessing
> it's some other local patch causing the problem- I'll track that down
> and post back if I can reproduce it on the pristine sources.  Sorry for
> the false alarm.

  Thanks; as far as I can see, what you're describing is the same as the
original bug that me and Corinna discussed back when I applied the patch, and
I thought I had taken care to avoid re-introducing it.

  That said, however, there is definitely a problem with going back from the
chooser page to the start of setup.exe, and it probably is worth fixing with
some kind of reset.  At the moment I'm trying to figure out why de-allocating
all the allocated things doesn't work right; when implemented naively, it
results in the chooser page always saying that there is nothing to install.

    cheers,
      DaveK