Re: [ITA] ocaml 3.12.0

On Mon, 2010-09-06 at 15:48 +0200, Damien Doligez wrote:
> 1. The tcl/tk bindings: they don't work out of the box with Cygwin's
>    tcl/tk, and I don't think there is much demand anyway.

Interesting, given that OCaml presumes that Cygwin's tcl/tk is Win32
(which it currently is), but Ports' X11 tcl/tk works with OCaml with
some patches:

http://cygwin-ports.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=cygwin-ports/ports;a=tree;f=lang/ocaml

Given the recent issues on the list, I think it's about time I ITA
tcl/tk.

> 2. Dynamic linking: this needs FlexDLL < http://alain.frisch.fr/flexdll/ >,
>    which isn't packaged for cygwin.  I guess I'll do a cygwin package of
>    FlexDLL later, when I have a bit more experience.

I have a flexdll package in Ports which includes several patches
necessary for Cygwin, which I used to build OCaml with dynlink support:

http://cygwin-ports.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=cygwin-ports/ports;a=tree;f=devel/flexdll

I will be busy for the remainder of the week, but let's work on this
further next week.

Yaakov