Re: [ITP] tftp-hpa 5.0

Hi!

Am 30.09.2010 09:46, schrieb Charles Wilson:
> On 9/30/2010 2:27 AM, Gernot Hillier wrote:
> I'll take a look at your packaging, and give the client/server a few
> tests -- but it will have to wait until the weekend.

Great, thanks in advance!

> The first thing I noted, is that tftp-hpa still installs the server as
> "/usr/sbin/in.tftpd" (no .exe).  For consistency with the inetutils
> server it is replacing -- and cygwin standards -- that should be renamed
> to "/usr/sbin/tftpd.exe"

Done.

> I'd always intended to retire inetutil's tftpd and tftp in favor of the
> hpa version, but I haven't had enough 'tuits.  Thanks!

I knew. That's one reason why I decided to roll a hopefully nice package
out of it and publish ist... :-)

> We'll need to coordinate the release of tftp-hpa with an update to
> inetutils (removing its tftp*).

Hmmm, wouldn't it make sense to also split inetutils and keep tftp* in a
separate package? So users are not forced to switch?

> If possible, it would be nice to split
> the server and client components into two separate packages (see rsh and
> rsh-server).

Done.

Please find an updated version here:

wget -r -np -nH -R "index*" \
	http://h1629194.serverkompetenz.net/tftp-hpa-2/

Changes:

----- version 5.0-2 -- 2010-10-01 -----
* split up in tftp-hpa and tftp-hpa-server
* rename in.tftpd to tftpd.exe as suggested by Charles Wilson
  to reflect inetutils known naming scheme
* document source patch (which turns of privilege drop)

As you can see, I also documented my patch which removes the setreuid()
switch to nobody for tftp-hpa. Is this ok in your eyes?

> I'd also like to "move" the relevant documentation from
> /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/inetutils.README to
> /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/tftp-hpa.README (and
> /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/tftp-hpa-server.README?)

Anything I should do here?

> +1.  (not that you need votes, since tftp-hpa is already in the distros)

Thx anyways. :-)

--
Gernot

Siemens AG, Corporate Technology, CT T DE IT 1,
Program "Open Source Platforms", GTF System Architecture & Platforms