Re: Remove obsolete packages from http://cygwin.com/packages/

> The discussion about pine made me realize that it was pretty confusing
> to have obsolete packages listed on the packages page.  So I deleted
> them.  I also deleted the equivalent entries from setup.ini.

I'm confused.  You mean you removed all obsolete packages from setup.ini?  What
then is the purpose of the "Hide obsolete packages" checkbox in setup.exe?

Those packages are still in the archive, right?  So if a person did want to
install them, they'd have to go to their mirror, manually download them and
untar them?

I'm thinking in particular of the old unison* packages.  They're marked obsolete
because almost no one uses them any more and I don't want to crowd the setup
list, but someone might still need to use them if they're working on a host with
one of them installed on it.