Re: [patch/rebase] Add a rebase database to keep track of DLL addresses

On Sat, Jul 02, 2011 at 09:15:44AM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>On Jul  2 01:14, Charles Wilson wrote:
>> On 6/29/2011 11:36 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>> > here's a patch which adds a new functionality to rebase.
>>
>> I think this is a good idea; it's been on the rebase TODO list for some
>> time.  I share cgf's concern about dlls which change their ImageSize,
>> but I haven't had a chance to go thru the patch -- it's a holiday
>> weekend here in the US, and I've got Real Life stuff going on.
>>
>> I'll take a look next week.
>
>Thanks.  The answer to your concern is "yes, the code tests that".
>If you have a look into the code next week, you'll be probably
>very happy to see that I added lots of comments to explain what I'm
>doing :)

Ok, then, another question.  What happens when a dll shrinks?  It seems
like we could be introducing "fragmentation" in that scenario.  Since
the dll loading address space is somewhat precious, it could be useful
to recognize when there are exploitable holes introduced by dll
shrinkage.