Re: [Patch] Add rebase-dump application to rebase package

On Aug  1 09:28, Charles Wilson wrote:

> > Looks good to me.  As you probably noticed, I didn't manage to move
> > the db functions into rebase-dump.c so far, though.  Otherwise there
> > wouldn't be a need to have your own load_image_info function.
> >
> > Do you want me to do that before or after you applied your patch?
>
> (a) I figured it should come after, and (b) at first, rebase-dump
> probably just needs to rename its version of load_image_info to avoid
> conflicts, since the two versions are (slightly) different.
>
> I agree that rebase-dump.exe SHOULD use the same load_image_info() that
> the "real" rebase.exe does, but that ought to be a third patch IMO.
> Because rebase-dump's version needs a SMALL rewrite to use the dump_*
> functions -- and dump_*_entry needs a tiny tweak to make that work right
> -- but most importantly, the new combined load_image_info needs to have
> the 'verbose' option passed down.
>
> So, in your patch, I think just ignoring rebase-dump entirely --
> /except/ for changing the name of its load_image_info -- is the way to
> go. Then I'll post a third patch, discussed separately, that tries to
> merge the two versions.

Hmm.  I just figured that moving the entire db stuff into rebase-db.c
isn't as simple as I imagined.  Functions and global variables are
pretty much intertwined in a non modular way.

I assume you might just go ahead and apply your dumper and we get
a new rebase package out of the door.  We can clean this up later.

Idle musing: I think we should create some sort of global settings
structure which can be used as a parameter or something...

Red Hat