Re: 256x256 px icons

On 8/15/2011 1:52 PM, Andy Koppe wrote:
On 15 August 2011 18:52, Warren Young wrote:
I present to you now, my magnum opus:

http://etr-usa.com/cygwin/logo/boxed-hippo.ico

Now *that*, my friends, is an angry hippo.

:)

That is rather impressive, and yep, that's not a happy hippo.

Is this just for fun or are you proposing this at the setup.exe icon,

A bit of both.

in which case of course it would need further effort to make it work
at small sizes.

If this does win out over the current gray box icon, I'd say it should be used as-is for 256 px, and can probably be made legible at 48 px. At smaller sizes, I'd say the hippo will have to be evicted from the box. I'll leave as an open question whether the 32 px and below icons become hippo heads, or empty boxes, or C logos, or...

This is posed 3D art, so now that I have the assets, I can re-pose and make new renderings fairly easily. About 90% of the effort of getting here was just bringing all the pieces together.

I don't think this replaces the newly finalized C logo on the first setup.exe wizard page. I think the box motif works best for the .exe itself, the thing you click on to start unpacking things.