Re: [ITP] pbzip2 (and what was the upshot on pbzip2/libbz2 incompatibility?)

On 8/9/11 11:51 AM, Peter Li wrote:
In light of this, perhaps I should benchmark the cygwin compiled version to make sure it is reasonable to use this rather than insisting on the windows binary. Will report back.

Not too surprising, but the Cygwin version does fine. Rough benchmarks on my 2 core hyperthreaded laptop decompressing a 900K block size 1.5 GB data file:
bzip2: ~ 180 s
pbzip2 Cygwin: 93 s
pbzip2 win32 native: 86 s

Will announce.