Re: setup.exe -s (--site) option not working

Thank you very much Barry.  That was the exact problem.  I was using the urls specified by the gui mirror download list.  Here's my working batch file in case anybody is curious:

-----------------------------------
setup.exe ^
--disable-buggy-antivirus ^
--quiet-mode ^
--site http://mirrors.kernel.org/sourceware/cygwin/ ^
--packages ^
ruby,^
curl,^
git,^
mingw64-i686-gcc-g++,^
gcc,^
libtool,^
make,^
automake,^
readline,^
libreadline7,^
zlib-devel,^
ncurses,^
vim
-------------------------------------

On Jan 18, 2012, at 12:21 PM, Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) [E] wrote:

> David King sent the following at Tuesday, January 17, 2012 10:14 PM
>> cygwin install, version 2.763
>>
>> I created a batch file to auto install cygwin with some packages (see
>> below). When I run the batch file from a command prompt, it just outputs
>> "getUrlToStream failed" multiple times before it ends. If I take out
>> the -s option and run the batch file, the gui displays and stops on the
>> page to choose a download site and then the next page goes into the
>> package selection gui. If I quit the gui installer at that point, and
>> then re-run my batch file, the install performs perfectly. My best guess
>> is that it's loading the previously selected download site in one of the
>> generated setup files. Is this a known issue or is there a workaround?
>>
>> The batch file is here: https://gist.github.com/1630619
>>
>> The output saved to my setup.log is here:
>> https://gist.github.com/1630611
>
> My GUESS is that setup cannot guess what directory of mirrors.kernel.org
> to look in.  The links to mirrors on http://cygwin.com/mirrors.html point
> to directories, not to the roots of the servers  Try
>  http://mirrors.kernel.org/sourceware/cygwin/
> with or without the training slashes, or maybe
>  http://mirrors.kernel.org/sourceware/
>
> Good luck,
>
> - Barry
>  Disclaimer: Statements made herein are not made on behalf of NIAID.

xforty technologies
David King
http://xforty.com
888-231-9331 x1160