realpath: cygutils or coreutils?

Upstream coreutils 8.15 added a new realpath(1) utility:

> Usage: src/realpath [OPTION]... FILE...
> Print the resolved absolute file name;
> all but the last component must exist
>
>   -e, --canonicalize-existing  all components of the path must exist
>   -m, --canonicalize-missing   no components of the path need exist
>   -L, --logical                resolve '..' components before symlinks
>   -P, --physical               resolve symlinks as encountered (default)
>   -q, --quiet                  suppress most error messages
>       --relative-to=FILE       print the resolved path relative to FILE
>       --relative-base=FILE     print absolute paths unless paths below FILE
>   -s, --strip, --no-symlinks   don't expand symlinks
>   -z, --zero                   separate output with NUL rather than newline
>
>       --help     display this help and exit
>       --version  output version information and exit
>
> Report realpath bugs to bug-coreutils@gnu.org
> GNU coreutils home page: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/>
> General help using GNU software: <http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/>
> Report realpath translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/>
> For complete documentation, run: info coreutils 'realpath invocation'

In particular, it is much more powerful than the realpath(1) currently
offered by cygutils.  Should I build my next coreutils package with
realpath included, and wait to upload it until we can coordinate a build
with cygutils dropping the weaker variant?  Or do we want to keep the
cygutils variant for a while longer?