Re: HEADSUP: Tcl/Tk transition complete

On Tue, Feb 07, 2012 at 03:21:10AM -0600, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
>Package maintainers,
>
>The Tcl/Tk transition has hit sourceware and is working its way to the
>mirrors.  Please proceed with the necessary announcements.  Also:
>
>* Maintainers whose packages did not need to be rebuilt need to update
>their local copies as indicated here:
>
>http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2011-10/msg00083.html
>
>* Peter Castro: tcl3270 was not updated in time, therefore I removed
>that subpackage from the distribution until you rebuild suite3270.
>
>* Samuel Thibault: some of brltty's setup.hint files needed modification
>(e.g. libicu48 not libicu38, and libX11_6 libXtst6 instead of
>xorg-x11-bin-dlls).  Please update your local versions accordingly.
>
>* Dr. Volker Zell: all obsolete db versions have been removed from
>release; only db4.5 and db4.8 remain.

Thanks very much to all involved in this transition!

Of course, special thanks to Yaakov for coordinating this.

And, also, special thanks to Jason Tishler who managed to fit this
effort into his currently hectic schedule.

Nice job all.  What a relief to have this over with.

Now the mailing list complaints begin...