Re: Python 3.2 cygport script

On 2012-06-14 13:56, Jason Tishler wrote:
See attached for a diff between your python3-3.1.5rc1-1 cygport script
and my WIP 3.2 one.  I'm still deciding on which patches to include
and/or getting them to apply cleanly, so ignore those diffs for now.
I'm most interested in your feedback on my changes to src_install(), so
please focus your attention there.  In particular, I'm trying to figure
out how to best handle the new ABIFLAGS stuff that was added in 3.2.
Any comments will be greatly appreciated.

Comments inline.

-doc_v=3.1.3
+doc_v=${PV}

That's fine for now, but by later point releases the docs tend not to be updated. Perhaps this should be a separate source package anyway, but that's up to you.

+ 3.2.3-extension.patch

I never had this problem because I set obcaseinsensitive=0. I'm not sure what side effects your patch may have.

+ 3.2.3-libpython-abi.patch

Yep, I had a similar patch locally from an earlier attempt at 3.2.

+ abi=$(${B}/python.exe -c 'import sys; print(sys.abiflags)')

I recommend you hard-code this (abi=m) right after the slot define. Otherwise, if something happens and the ABI changes suddenly, you might miss it and inadvertently ship an update which will break users' installations.

+ dosym idle${slot} /usr/bin/idle3

I think the same can be done with pydoc.

Otherwise this looks good.

Yaakov