Re: [Patch] Rebase: new switch --ephemeral

On Wednesday 20 June 2012, 11:33:17, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> If you really want -E to be an exclusive option, then what I'm missing
> is the enforcement on the command line.

Here's a reworked patch (against rebase-4.2.0-1) that enforces mutual
exclusivity between -T and -E; extra files given on the command line are
processed with the list and the description has been altered to hopefully be
more clear in that respect.  This change also forces that only a single such
option is present on the command line instead of silently using the last one
only.

Typical use of this new option would be:

cygport $p compile
find $p -name \*.dll -o -name \*.so | rebase -sE -
cygport $p test

Recording the ephemeral files in the database properly would likely require
a new database format and more support functions, so I'm skipping that for
now, I also don't see any need for that at the moment.

Regards,
Achim.

Samples for the Waldorf Blofeld: